MontanaPBS has earned 11 regional Emmy award nominations. The winners will be announced June 2 in Snoqualmie, Wash.
The Emmys are presented by the Northwest Chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. MontanaPBS is a collaborative service of KUFM-TV at The University of Montana in Missoula and KUSM-TV at Montana State University in Bozeman.
“All of us at MontanaPBS are very proud of these accomplishments,” said William Marcus, director of UM’s Broadcast Media Center. “The Emmy nominations represent a great body of work.”
The nominees are:
- Arts/Entertainment – Program Special: “Backroads of Montana: Harlo to Huntley”; William Marcus, producer; John Twiggs, producer; Ray Ekness, producer.
- Health/Science - Program/Special: “Clearing the Smoke: The Science of Cannabis,” Anna Rau, producer/writer/editor.
- Writer – Program: “Clearing the Smoke: The Science of Cannabis,” Anna Rau.
- Documentary – Cultural: “3 Miles an Hour”; John Twiggs, director/writer; Alison Perkins, co-producer.
- Director – Post Production: “3 Miles an Hour,” John Twiggs.
- Documentary – Topical: “Facing the Storm: Story of the American Bison”; Daniel Dauterive, producer; Doug Hawes-Davis, producer/director; Rita Pastore, producer.
- Promotion – Program – Campaign: “Facing The Storm: Story of the American Bison –Promos,” Daniel Dauterive, producer/director.
- Director – Post Production: “Without Words,” Scott Sterling, producer.
- Photographer – Program: “Without Words” Scott Sterling and Michael Ballard, videographers.
- Editor – Program: “Without Words,” Scott Sterling, video editor.
- Audio: “11th & Grant with Eric Funk,” Jeremiah Slovarp, sound producer.