Guests will enjoy fine food, beverages and silent and live auctions Friday, Sept. 14, at The University of Montana Creative Writing Program’s Writers’ Fall Opus.
The fourth annual event is sponsored by Kevin Head and Charlie Brown and will be held from 6:30 to 10 p.m. at the Florence Building Governor’s Room, located at 111 N. Higgins Ave.
Auction items include a signed, first-edition copy of James Welch’s “Winter in the Blood,” a guided fly-fishing trip with “Best of the West” author and fishing guide Jamie Rogers, a Dunrovin Ranch party, Pearl Jam tickets and collectable artwork, among others.
Tickets cost $35 or $60 per couple, and all proceeds benefit the UM Creative Writing Program’s literary journals, the visiting writers reading series and student scholarships. Attendees must be 21 or older.
The event schedule is as follows:
- 6:30 p.m.: Hors d’oeuvres, silent auction
- 7:50 p.m.: Speaker: Christopher Comer, dean of the UM College of Arts and Sciences
- 8:00 p.m.: Mayor John Engen conducts the live auction
- 8:45 p.m.: Silent auction closes and raffle begins
- 9:15–10 p.m.: Auction settlement
For more information or to RSVP, call Karin Schalm at 406-243-5267 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.