MISSOULA – University of Montana alumni of all class years are invited back to campus for the All-Alumni Reunion Celebration, May 14-16, including participation in UM’s 2015 Commencement ceremony on Saturday, May 16.
This year’s events specially recognize alumni from the classes of 1965 and prior with the Montana Treasures dinner. All alumni are invited to a Friday night social and tour of the Montana Distillery. Register by phone at 1-877-UM-ALUMS. For more information call Angela Weisenburger at 406-243-6439 or email email@example.com.
The schedule of events follows:
Thursday, May 14:
- Noon to 5 p.m. – Reunion registration, Brantly Hall Presidents Room, $15 for current dues-paying members, $20 for non-UMAA members. There is no additional fee for a spouse or guest. Pick up gift bags and name tags, peruse class annuals, be fitted for a cap and gown and enjoy a snack.
- 4-6 p.m. – President’s Social, Brantly Hall Presidents Room, $10 per person. Join UM President Royce Engstrom and University administrators for an afternoon complete with hors d’oeuvres and a hosted bar.
Friday, May 15:
- 7:30 a.m. – Early-bird campus walk, departs from DoubleTree Hotel lobby, free. Savor Missoula’s crisp morning air during a stroll to campus accompanied by one of the UM Advocates. Campus tours will be available upon arrival at UM.
- 8 a.m. – All-alumni hike to the M, departs from Brantly Hall Presidents Room, free.
- 9 a.m.- 4 p.m. – Reunion registration continues, Brantly Hall Presidents Room.
- 9:30 a.m.-2 p.m. – Historic Missoula bus tour with lunch at Caras Park, departs from the DoubleTree Hotel lobby, $30 per person. A Missoula guide will narrate a trip around town with stories of what’s old and new. Stop at Fort Missoula to visit the grounds, buildings and museum, and then continue downtown to Caras Park for an outdoor lunch.
- 5:30 p.m. – Reunion registration continues, DoubleTree Hotel ballroom.
- 5:30-10 p.m. – Montana Treasures dinner for those celebrating their 50th or greater class anniversaries. DoubleTree Hotel Ballroom, $30 per person. This special evening will give alumni a chance to reminisce about college days with former classmates. Alumni will be honored for their class anniversary with a commemorative medallion and induction into the Montana Treasures. This event features a no-host bar.
- 5:30-8 p.m. – 5:30-8 p.m. – All-alumni trivia night and tour of the Montana Distillery, 631 Woody St. Relive college days with fellow Montana alumni, win Griz prizes and tour of one of the newest hotspots in downtown Missoula. This is a no-host event.
Saturday, May 16
- 8:10 a.m. – All-Alumni Reunion at Commencement, bus departs from the DoubleTree Hotel lobby, free. A bus will take attendees to the stadium from two locations: the Holiday Inn parking lot (near the public parking garage) and the parking lot of the DoubleTree Hotel. Boarding begins at 8 a.m. to attend UM’s 2015 Commencement ceremony at Washington-Grizzly Stadium. Family members and friends are welcome to ride the bus to avoid parking difficulties on campus. The bus also will return participants to their designated parking lot following the reunion luncheon. Please note there is only one bus trip to and from the stadium.
- 8:30 a.m. – Continental breakfast and cap and gown fitting, Washington-Grizzly Stadium, free. Registration and cap and gown fittings inside the stadium. A continental breakfast will be served on the field. Commencement seating will be reserved for family members and guests.
- 10 a.m. – 2015 Commencement ceremony, Washington-Grizzly Stadium, free. All participating alumni will march to a special seating section next to the Class of 2015 on the field of Washington-Grizzly Stadium. Class representatives will be formally introduced during the ceremony.
- 11:30 a.m. – All-alumni reunion luncheon, $15 per person. Following the Commencement ceremony, enjoy a luncheon in the stadium area. President Engstrom and UM Alumni Relations Director Bill Johnston will join the luncheon to congratulate and toast all class representatives.
- 12:30 p.m. (approximately) – Return bus ride to the DoubleTree and the Holiday Inn parking lot.