MISSOULA – Faculty from the University of Montana’s Department of Political Science will appear monthly on a morning radio show in a new collaboration with KGVO News Talk Radio. The “UM Political Science on the Radio” series began in June. The next installment is Wednesday, July 8.
The segment airs from 8:30 to 10 a.m. during the “Talk Back” show hosted by Jon King and Peter Christian, and will continue through the academic year on the third Wednesday of each month and occasionally on other days.
King proposed the radio feature after UM political science Associate Professor Karen Adams’ third appearance on KGVO’s “Montana World Affairs Council on the Radio.”
“This is a chance for faculty to have a different kind of exchange than we usually do as scholars and teachers,” Adams said. “As political scientists, it’s especially exciting. It’s interesting to find out what local people think and want to know about the issues we study. Plus it’s a great form of outreach for UM.”
The schedule is:
- July 8: Christopher Muste, “The Presidential Primaries and Nomination System”
- Aug. 19: Sara Rinfret, “Environmental Politics and Policy”
- Sept. 16: Paul Haber, “A Live View from Latin America”
- Oct. 21: Robert Saldin, “The Presidency and Congress”
- Nov. 18: Peter Koehn, “Climate Change and the Upcoming UN Climate Talks”
- Dec. 16: Jeff Greene, “Federal and State Budgets”
A link to listen live and podcasts of past shows are available online at http://www.cas.umt.edu/polsci/resources/psci-faculty-on-radio.php. KGVO can be found on the radio at 101.5 FM and 1290 AM.