MISSOULA – The Office of the Registrar at the University of Montana is now offering students and academic advisers the use of DegreeWorks, an easy-to-use, web-based degree audit and academic advisement tool designed to enhance the advisement process.
DegreeWorks is engineered to help students and advisers monitor students’ progress toward degree completion. It combines UM’s degree requirements and an individual student’s completed coursework into an easy-to-read worksheet. The worksheet helps students and advisers see which completed and in-progress courses count toward degree requirements. Additionally, the worksheet displays outstanding course requirements.
“We believe students will find DegreeWorks to be a powerful tool to assist with reaching their academic goals,” said UM Registrar Joe Hickman.
All undergraduate students who enrolled at UM after fall 2014 and who use the 2014-15 catalog or a newer version to fulfill their degree requirements have full access to DegreeWorks.
Enrolled students who entered UM before fall 2014 and are using an older catalog to fulfill their degree requirements can access DegreeWorks to perform “What-if” analyses on their intended majors and view General Education information.
Through DegreeWorks, students and advisers are able to:
- Learn the academic requirements for degree programs.
- See how all completed courses apply to degree requirements.
- Identify courses needed to complete degrees.
- View grades and academic standing.
- View cumulative grade point average.
- View transfer credit hours earned.
- Calculate a GPA based on their performance for the term.
- Calculate the grade combination(s) needed to achieve a goal GPA.
- Plan for registration in future semesters.
- Create “What-if” audits to process speculative degree audits based on current class history.
- Estimate how many semesters it will take to graduate.
Students and advisers can access DegreeWorks through the CyberBear portal by clicking on either the “CyberBear for Faculty and Advisers” or “Student Services” tab. The DegreeWorks link is available on both pages.
DegreeWorks is designed to aid and facilitate academic advising, but is not intended to replace face-to-face advising sessions. DegreeWorks is neither an official academic transcript nor an official notification of completion of degree requirements.
For additional information visit http://www.umt.edu/registrar/students/DegreeWorksFAQ.php.