MISSOULA – The votes are tallied and the winners selected in the University of Montana’s annual Pinecone Awards contest, which invites web users to select the University’s best websites.
UM’s Information Technology started the competition in 2014 to recognize the best uses of the Cascade Management System and the Ponderosa Template, which are used by most departments and offices on campus.
This year, the Best Homepage award went to the College of Humanities and Sciences website: http://hs.umt.edu/hs/.
“The newly redesigned College of Humanities and Sciences homepage features bold visuals, a cohesive design and branding, and a navigation structure that makes it the perfect gateway to the rest of the site,” the Pinecone Award committee said.
Career Services took home the Best in Show award for its website (http://www.umt.edu/career/) and that department’s website manager, Rachel Dierken, won Best Web Content Manager for the second year in a row.
“[Rachel] rebuilt the entire Career Services site, and the finished product is visually stimulating, provides a smooth user experience and has consistent branding throughout,” her award reads. “She is always a joy to work with and has helped immensely with other sites.”
Other 2017 winners are:
- Best User Experience: School of Art, http://www.umt.edu/art/.
- Most Innovative: University Center, http://www.umt.edu/uc/.
- Most Improved Site: Numerical Terradynamic Simulation Group, http://www.ntsg.umt.edu/.
- People’s Choice: W.A. Franke College of Forestry and Conservation, http://www.cfc.umt.edu/.
- Best Visual Design: Avian Science Center, http://www.cfc.umt.edu/asc/.
- The Pulaski: John Venters, University Center, http://www.umt.edu/uc/.
- Best Study Page: School of Theatre & Dance, https://www.umt.edu/study/theatre.
For a complete list of awards and winners, visit http://www.umt.edu/web/pinecone-awards/2017/default.php.
Pinecone_awards: Winners of the 2017 Pinecone Awards at UM.
This release is online at: