MISSOULA – KBGA 89.9 FM College Radio’s annual weeklong fundraiser Radiothon will return to Missoula Saturday through Friday, Feb. 24 – March 2. The station hopes to raise $20,000 in donations to help replace outdated studio equipment.
During the week, donors can purchase station merchandise and goods from local businesses as premiums at http://kbga.org/ to help KBGA while also supporting shops and restaurants around town.
In addition to online donations, KBGA will sponsor numerous community events and host several challenges throughout the week. The Radiothon schedule is:
Saturday, Feb. 24
- 8 a.m.-9 p.m., Smash for the Station: Super Smash Bros. Tournament in the UC Ballroom. Montana’s biggest Super Smash Bros. tournament will return to the UC Ballroom to determine who is the champion of the Nintendo classic. Keep an eye on social media for details.
- 8 p.m., KBGA Movie Cult at the Roxy Theater. A KBGA-curated flick, preceded by DJing in the lobby.
Sunday, Feb. 25
- 4-8 p.m., Fashionably Late Radiothon Kickoff Party at Imagine Nation Brewery. All brews purchased at Imagine Nation help raise money for KBGA.
Monday, Feb. 26
- Noon, KBGA Staff Polar Plunge. KBGA staff members jump into the freezing Clark Fork River with the goal of raising $3,000 in pledges. Staffers will plunge at these funding levels:
$50 – Ian Baldessari, promotions manager
$100 – Delaney Cummins, outreach coordinator
$250 – Ian Siepker, volunteer coordinator
$500 – Nic Goodrich, productions engineer
$750 – Ellis Nash Vaughn, office assistant
$1,000 – Melissa Loveridge, web content manager
$1,250 – Shae Warren, media director
$1,500 – Jess Sheldahl, program director
$1,750 – Mia Soza, general manager
$2,000 – Julia Maxon, business manager
$3,000 – Brennan DeBoer, music director
- Noon-8 p.m., KBGA Moscow Monday at Montgomery Distillery. A dollar from every cocktail sold will benefit KBGA.
Wednesday, Feb. 28
- 5-8 p.m., KBGA Kettlehouse Unite at Northside Kettlehouse. Every pint sold at the Northside Kettlehouse will raise $1 for KBGA.
Thursday, March 1
- 5 p.m., KBGA Tattoo Challenge at Bound By Glory Tattoo. The tattoo challenge has been a part of Radiothon since the station’s beginning. Throughout the week, listeners can submit tattoo ideas that four unfortunate staff members will draw for. Past tattoos have included a unicorn riding a rainbow, Batman taking a poo and Mike Wazowski from “Monsters, Inc.” with two eyes. But hey, desirable submissions also are welcome.
Friday, March 2
- 6-8 p.m., KBGA First Friday at the Public House. The station will provide a space for friends of the station to show off their art.
- 9 p.m., KBGA Endofthon at the Badlander. KBGA’s signature way to end Radiothon. Dance the night away at the Badlander with Sunraiser, Rooster Sauce, Partygoers and Breakfast for Dinner. Tickets cost $5, and the doors open at 9 p.m., with music beginning at 9:30 p.m. The event is for 18 years and older. RSVP and invite friends at https://goo.gl/8D8CAo.
Local businesses interested in donating premiums to the station or becoming a sponsor should email firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on Radiothon, email Ian Baldessari, KBGA marketing and promotions director, at email@example.com or call 406-243-6758.