MISSOULA – University of Montana graduate students from across the academic disciplines will present their research at the 18th annual Graduate Conference on Friday, Feb. 22, in the University Center. The event is free and open to the public.
Using oral and poster presentations, performances
“We always are excited to showcase the talent, creativity and intellectual firepower of our graduate students, so it’s an honor and privilege to sponsor an event that brings that dynamic energy to the wider community of the University and Missoula,” said Ashby Kinch, associate dean of UM’s Graduate School.
All GradCon events will take place on the third floor of the University Center. The schedule follows:
- 9 a.m. to noon – 15-minute oral presentations, UC 300 rooms.
- Noon to 12:30 p.m. – Complimentary lunch for participants and attendees, UC North Ballroom.
- 12:30 to 1:20 p.m. – “Elemental Needs,” a graduate student panel on food, water
andenergy, UC North Ballroom.
- 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. – 15-minute oral presentations, UC 300 rooms.
- 3:20 to 4:30 p.m. – Performing and visual arts presentations, UC North/South Ballroom.
- 5 to 6 p.m. – Poster presentation session, UC North Ballroom.
- 6 to 6:30 p.m. – Best of GradCon Awards, UC North Ballroom.
Hors d’oeuvres and a no-host cash bar will be available to participants and attendees during the poster presentation and awards sessions.
GradCon is organized by the UM Graduate and Professional Student Association. It is sponsored by UM’s Office of Research and Creative Scholarship and the UM Graduate School, with additional training and student support provided by the Maureen and Mike Mansfield Library and UM Writing and Public Speaking Center.
For a complete schedule and a listing of presenters, abstracts and faculty mentors, visit https://www.umt.edu/sell/cps/gradcon/default.php.