MISSOULA – The University of Montana will once again celebrate internationalism, multiculturalism and intercultural awareness with its annual International Festival at the University Center. UM has hosted the popular event for 26 years.
The annual event returns to campus from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday, March 17, with an exciting mix of familiar and new attractions, including an Irish Extravaganza to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day.
UM’s Global Engagement Office and International Student Association invite the community to join the 27th annual celebration, which includes:
- The Interactive Culture Show, featuring five hours of contemporary and traditional performances by groups like UM’s Pacific Islanders Club.
- The interactive Children’s World, with more than 15 activity stations for children such as Chinese dragon making, puppet shows, German hat making, African hair braiding
Smokey Bear. and
- The Global Expo Pavilion, where attendees can visit more than 50 booths featuring community and campus groups with diverse global cultural focuses.
- The Atrium Fiesta, a lively plaza with stalls, attractions
- The new Irish Extravaganza, including an exhibit on the life of Thomas Meagher, a celebration of Irish music and dance, an introduction to Irish sports and other activities.
- A newly expanded food truck section offering Mexican, Irish and Arabian cuisine and more.
- Internationally themed trivia contests.
- Study abroad storytelling from UM students.
- Documentary film screenings.
- Games and lessons in the Game Room.
The festival will offer free admission for UM students with a Griz Card. General admission costs $5 per person and $15 per family (two adults and unlimited children under age 18).
The International Festival is a nonprofit event produced in partnership with UM, the University Center, UM Dining, the Associated Students of UM, the Friends of Irish Studies, the Ancient Order of Hibernians, Arts Missoula, Liquid Planet, the Thomas Meagher Bar, the Good Food Store, Boone
For more information call UM’s Global Engagement Office at 406-243-2288 or email email@example.com.