MISSOULA – A flurry of activities called Griz Winter Welcome will greet students returning to the University of Montana after winter break.
The free events will be held Thursday, Jan. 9, through Friday, Jan. 17. They will include everything from s’mores around a campfire to a Roaring ’20s-themed party.
“We have some fun things planned to get students engaged and excited for spring semester,” said Hailey Michelson, the program adviser with UM’s Student Involvement Network. “It lets us tell students we are glad they are back!”
Spring semester classes start Monday, Jan. 13. Scheduled events for Griz Winter Welcome are:
- Thursday, Jan. 9 – A Lady Griz basketball game against the Eastern Washington Eagles starting at 7 p.m. in Dahlberg Arena.
- Friday, Jan. 10 – Residence Hall Activities. Check for posters in your residence hall lobby.
- Saturday, Jan. 11 – Grocery Bingo from 7 to 9 p.m. in the University Center Room 330. The event lets students meet new people and potentially win groceries.
- Sunday, Jan. 12 – Campfire and S’mores from 7 to 9 p.m. on the Oval. This event will offer a cozy campfire, treats, hot chocolate and conversation.
- Thursday, Jan. 16 – Popcorn Thursday from noon to 2 p.m. in the University Center Branch Center.
- Thursday, Jan. 16 – A University Center Art Gallery Opening Reception from 4 to 6 p.m. in the UC Art Gallery. “Visible Invisible – A Juried Art Show” will offer a new art installation and free appetizers.
- Thursday, Jan. 16 – “Branch Center Live: Voices with a Vision” from 7 to 8 p.m. in the second-floor UC Branch Center. The event will include local vocalist Red Clover, appetizers and great company.
- Friday, Jan. 17 – “Roaring ’20s Party: A Look at the Harlem Renaissance” from 8 to 10 p.m. in the UC Ballroom. Students will enjoy food, games, live music and dancing. Those who wear ’20s attire have a chance to win a costume contest.